Due to the limited number of grants, only applicants who have previously received grants will be considered at this time.
Since its founding in 1985, the Sy Syms Foundation has supported education, public television and radio, and medical research as well as civic and cultural organizations that improve life in our communities. Over the past few years, the number of inquiries and proposals has increased exponentially and exceeds the amount of funds available for grants. Unfortunately, for now, we must limit the acceptance of proposals to better focus on those organizations that have previously received grants and that best fit the mission of the Sy Syms Foundation.
To apply, please follow the instructions below:
- Grant requests may only be submitted between September 30th and December 31st each year.
- Awards will be granted at the end of the Foundation’s fiscal year between April 1st and April 30th for those applications received during the previous submission period.
- Grant applications must be submitted in hard copy as a separate document. Applications sent as email attachments will not be accepted.
All applicants must submit the following:
- A completed and signed Foundation Grant Application .
- A copy of Organization’s IRS Determination Letter evidencing federal tax-exempt status.
- The Organization’s most recent IRS form 990 and/or audited financial statement.
- A list of the members of the Organization’s Board of Directors and their affiliations.